Thursday, August 29, 2013


Contact: 
Country Advisor, Foresight for Food Systems, Social Protection, and Environment 
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), Bangladesh 


Market and Trade Policy Advisor, 
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Email: monir1021@gmail.com

Affiliated Post-Doctoral Researcher,
Center for Development Research (ZEF)
University of Bonn, Germany.
Genscherallee 3, 53113 Bonn.

Former Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics, East West University, Dhaka
Former Assistant Professor, School of Business and Economics, North South University, Dhaka
Former Part-time Faculty member, Economics and Social Sciences, BRAC University, Dhaka


Ph.D., 2017, Agriculture Economics, University of Bonn, Germany
MS, 2013, Rural Development and Agri-business, Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary
MS, 2013, Food and Resource Economics, University of Bonn, Germany
MSS, 2006, Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
BSS, 2005, Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh


Research expertise: 
Poverty, Health, and Nutrition
Water, sanitation, and hygiene
Micro-finance and vulnerability
Social protection and migration
Impact evaluation
Experimental Economics
Agriculture, food and Environmental Policy

I am a Market and Trade Policy Advisor of Food and an Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am an Economist and affiliated Researcher at the Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn, Germany. I have earned my Ph.D. in agriculture economics from the University of Bonn, Germany in 2017 with "Sehr Gut (Outstanding, Magna Cum Laude)" result. I was a DAAD Ph.D. Fellow and Junior Researcher at the Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn. I started my doctoral studies in 2013 and defended my thesis on 19 December 2017. My Ph.D. research topic was "Investment in health within agriculture, water, sanitation and hygiene nexus for the rural households in Bangladesh". I have conducted a Randomized Controlled Trial experiment of Food Hygiene Education (FHE) in rural Bangladesh for my doctoral research. I was an Erasmus Mundus scholar under Agriculture, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA) program of the EU. I have earned three Master degrees: MSc in Food and Resource Economics (U Bonn, Germany), MSc in Rural Development and Agri-business (Corvinus U Budapest, Hungary), and MSS in Economics (University of Dhaka, Bangladesh). Previously, I worked as a Senior Research Associate at the Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development (InM) from 2008 to 2015. In 2018, I was working as an Assistant Professor in the dept. of Economics at the East West University in Dhaka, Bangladesh.  

Please visit my: 

JOB MARKET PAPER                                     Research Statement                                      Teaching Statement

Ph.D. thesis at the library of University of Bonn, Germany: Link 
Master thesis at the U Bonn, Germany, UC Louvain, Belgium, and CUB, Hungary: Link 

Official page: Link 
Google Scholar: Link

Research Gate: Link
LinkedIn: Link 
ORCID: Link
Publons: Link

Updated on 15 Nov 2023