To become a pioneer in the field of economic research, development and in the academia utilizing the present endowment and to broaden the horizon of knowledge by rigorous academic studies and research exploration.
Junior Researcher and Doctoral Candidate
Department of Economic and Technological Change
Center for Development Research (ZEF) www.zef.de
University of Bonn, Germany.
Duration: September 2013- Present.
Senior Research Associate, Institute of Microfinance (InM)
Duration: May 2008- Present.(on leave) www.inm.org.bd
Graduate Assistant (GA), Economics, North South University
Duration : January 2007- December 2007 www.northsouth.edu
Research Assistant, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS)
Duration: May, 2007. www.bids.org.bd
Current Job Description
Sampling design, Conducting nation-wide longitudinal household level survey, Training of the Field Enumerators, Field Supervision, interviewing the authorities, supervising data inputting into computer, data cleaning and analysis, report writing and academic paper writing. Besides, research management and knowledge sharing like seminar, workshop and conference organizing both in-house and international are also part of responsibilities. I am experienced in economic impact evaluation using econometrics with theoretical compliances.
Post-Graduation European Master in Agriculture, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA) 2011-2013
Course Type 2 years double degree program
Degree: MSc. in Food and Resource Economics (FRECO), Institute of Food and Resource Economics (ILR), University of Bonn, Germany www.ilr.uni-bonn.de
MSc. in Rural Development and Agribusiness,
Department of Agriculture Economics and Rural Development, Corvinus University of Budapest (CUB) http://www.uni-corvinus.hu
Program: Erasmus Mundus AFEPA program in University of Bonn (Uni-Bonn), Universite Catholique de Louvain (UCL), Swedish University of Agriculture Sciences (SLU), Corvinus University of Budapest (CUB), Uiversitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC).
Post-Graduation M.S.S. in Economics, 2006 (held in 2008)
Course Type 1 years integrated courses.
Institution Name: Department of Economics, University of Dhaka
Result: First Class ( CGPA 3.95 out of 4)
Graduation: B.S.S. (honors) in Economics, 2005 (held in 2006)
Course Type 4 years integrated courses.
Institution Name: Department of Economics, University of Dhaka.
Result: First Class. ( CGPA 3.86 out of 4)
Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.), 2001, Science Group
Institution Name: Sylhet Cadet College, Sylhet Board.
Result: 1st Division. (12th position in the combined merit list).
Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.), 1999, Science Group
Institution Name: Sylhet Cadet College, Comilla Board.
Result: 1st Division (13th position in the combined merit list).
Team works at InM with the research projects (including field supervision and research output produce and writing working papers)
· Hasan M, Rabbani, A. (2011) Determinants of MFI Branch Sustainability under a Subsidized Ultra-poor Credit Program. (waiting for publication)
· “Impact of PRIME intervention in Greater Rangpur” in phase I (2008) and Phase II (2009)(basically poverty analysis for the ultra-poor people) by Professor M.A. Baqui Khalily
· “Overlapping Micro-credit Program in Pathrail Union” by Professor M.A. Baqui Khalily et al.(2008)
· “State of Microfinance in SAARC Countries” by Dr. Atonu Rabbani, Professor M.A. Baqui Khalily, Dr. Kazi Iqbal, Dr. Meherun Ahmed, and Professor Salim Rashid, University of Illinois- Urbana Champaign. (2009)
· “Access to Financial Services in Bangladesh” by Professor M.A. Baqui Khalily. (2009)
· “Microfinance Transparency and Pricing” by Professor M.A. Baqui Khalily. (2008)
· Member of the Committee of “Determining the Effective Interest Rate of MFIs in Bangladesh” from InM with collaboration of InM, PKSF and Microcredit Regulatory Authority (MRA),Bangladesh. (2010)
· Operational Sustainability of the MFIs branches with a subsidized loans using GIS information of branches and households. (2011)
· Impact of PRIME Intervention in Monga Mitigations- Phase III (2011) by Atonu Rabbani, Assistant Professor, University of Dhaka.